Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Bankrupt

As of 10.30am, I am officially bankrupt. It's been coming for a long time really, and it means things are at least getting sorted. Huge layoffs are happening at work, and I may also be made redundant. The job market in the UK, as in the rest of the world currently, is problematic, but there is food on the table and baby Grace is smiling. My studies are slipping, motivation dwindling, but I'm still here, even if somewhat irregularly,

Yours, as broken as ever,

The Broken Man

8 comments:

MaBunny said...

/hugs to you broken man. Hopefully things will turn around. It may take awhile, but things do eventually look up. Its a great thing that Grace is happy;) We want more pictures, I'm sure shes changed alot since that first one!

arwen_tiw said...

What she said (all of it). :)

(hugs to all three of you)

Anna O'Connell said...

Hugs and love to all three of you. You have each other and are healthy, so the very most important stuff is covered. Things will be better, very soon I hope.

willow81 said...

I said something similar to my DH yesterday. These are uncertain times, but we have a healthy baby and a roof over our heads= we're lucky. Hugs to you three.

Daisy said...

I hope this is the start of great things!

Anonymous said...

it takes water and sunshine to grow!

best to you three!

franzi

Anonymous said...

Just hang on to the fact that in 12 months maximum you will be free of debt; you are taking control by going through this. There is no shame in this any more, you might be surprised how many face this experience - most of whom come back stronger than ever. It may take a few weeks for some of the calls to stop, but they will. Most of the staff involved with insolvency are quite gentle; this is about getting you back on your feet, not knocking you down. If it is a problem, try the co-op for a bank account - the other high street banks can be quite rude if you haven't managed to retain an account and want to open a new basic one. Sorry for going on with practical comment - not many people seem to talk about this and I have seen it close enough. Most of all, hang on to the studies and your family - they both matter more than the money!

Christina G. said...

BrokenMan, I haven't visited in awhile but often thought of you & your then-pregnant wife...today I'm catching up a little on visiting, & have read many of your recent posts...my heart hugely goes out to you, and I so wish I could donate to your cause, but I just put a 'Donate' button on my own site! it's been that bad recently.

Greg's counsel is sound, I used to work for a bankruptcy law firm here in the US, briefly, & it's all about a new beginning.