I am sitting in my living room, surrounded by boxes, waiting for the removal men to come and take away the seat i am sitting on. They will load it up along with everything else i own and on monday morning will unload at Cambridge.
I have spend all but one and a half years of my life in this general area. When I walk down the street I am on 'nodding' terms with the people I pass. I bump into old friends daily. Leaving will not be easy.
Since this last move i have grown close to one of my brothers again, we always knew we where there for each other but suddenly we where actually there physically. We have seen The long suffering wifes sister at least twice a week and have of course been actually living with my parents. Its not going to be easy moving on.
Dont get me wrong - i think this is a great move - its the right time, and there are benifits in a fresh start. An opportunity not to be know carries with it as many benifits as does being known.
Here I feel like I am chassing shadows, permently searching for pieces of my past I am not ready to let go of, will distance make it easier to be remade, reformed, molded into a diffrent image?
Friday, 4 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
good luck. I hope all works out and yes I believe sometimes a fresh start is just what the doctor called for!
Good luck. I've mentioned to one of my friends who are in a similar situation to your family (husband training for ordination, wife at home, 7 month old baby) that you are moving to Cambridge and they will look out for you. Their names are Hannah and Sam Haigh, daughter Seren.
Good luck with the move and everything! Sometimes a fresh start is just the thing, difficult as it is. I did that nearly two years ago when I moved down here and I don't regret it, even though it's been tough at times.
Nice to come and visit you again. I enjoyed reading your post. Blessings :)
Post a Comment