Things have been rocky starting at Westcot, a new collage, a new part of the country for me, settling in, working out how my course is going to work, trying to work out finance. At last there are some moments of still and I find my self-sitting in Tyndale house, a scholars library. I am surround by brilliance, great minds, authors, scholars, sit at desks around me working on Phd’s and manuscripts for publications. I feel like I am swimming in very deep waters – and can only hope that some of the knowledge the people around me posses will spill over and seep into me.
The long suffering wife is beginning to find groups in Cambridge that she can attend, and to find a structure and rhythm to her day, my day being regulated by the ringing of the chapel bell which calls me to prayer.
Grace is a delight, a little harder to manage when it comes to changing nappies as she is really not a fan of being undressed or dressed and protest vigorously, however she is busy coasting around the furniture and occasionally lets go for a few moments and stands happily for a few seconds until she realizes she isn’t holding onto anything.
My studies are coming on well, and although I am waiting to hear whether the wonderful Dr Lahey will continue as my supervisor now I am attempting to finish my topic in a year instead of two, I have had some wonderful support and discussions with David Instone-Brewer.
Life is looking good!
Yours, a little less broken
The Broken Man
Thursday, 15 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm glad to hear everything is going well! Can't believe Grace is standing, it seems so odd that she not be a little wriggling bundle.
Love to you all.
~Em~
Wonderful to catch up with you all, what a lovely little update. :)
It's really good to "hear" from you. It's so hard to believe that Grace is standing and cruising already.
I hope all starts to fall in place for you with your studies and the finances.
I've never been to Tyndale House. Sounds austere to me@
Post a Comment