It seems that some of the people reading this blog are Christians; as I have mentioned I begin studying in September for ordination. As a vicar I will be required to both preach and prepare Bible Studies, and so I thought I would try some out on you, my hapless readers, if that’s okay?
Now being an interactive type I don’t want to post very long rambling Bible Studies that are of no interest to anyone but me; the plan is that we get interactive, that you tell me why what I am saying is wrong, that you take on the role of my guide. Maybe we could have a look at some of the questions together and have some discussion. It’s written that a friend sharpens a friend like iron sharpens iron. That’s the plan. So how do you want to do this? Do you want to do this at all? Its okay – I can take a "no" – I can handle it – I can – I won't cry – honest.
Studies I have recently tried writing are: Jonah, The Samaritan and the Theologian (aka the Good Samaritan), a character study of Joseph (father of Jesus), and The Circumcision of Jesus. Maybe we could take one of those, I could post part of it once a week, and we could go through it together. I'd love some new thoughts on them. If you have any friends who might have an opinion too, please invite them to pull up a chair - the more, the merrier.
So then folks – which one do you fancy? Do you like the idea at all? If you hate the idea of me posting this stuff do let me know. (I am more than happy to stick with just rambling on about my life). If you would be prepared to have a look at some studies with me, then please let me know that too.
The Broken Man
Thursday, 26 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Since I'm old enough to be your mother, and have been in ministry with my husband for 47 years, as a Pastor's wife, I will share with you what works for me in my blog. Christians and non Christians love stories, of live, love, the good, the bad and the ugly...! On the other hand, many readers are looking for spiritual guidance and are interested in Bible studies. Here is what I do.
I post about life during the week, and my life consists of many spiritual lessons, which I share and then on Sunday's and I have since I started blogging a year an a half ago do a Sunday Meditation. I've done then on every Biblical subject. Now I started a series on the Spiritual Disciplines.
This is just an old lady rambling...but I really like your blog, but wouldn't like a diet of Bible every day....I want to know how God is using those studies in your life to make a difference.
Blessings on You, and Your blog!
I hope my advice hasn't been to harsh. I really like what I hear from you.
Wanda from Brushstrokes.
Thank you wanda, yes my plan is to do a study on a saturday, i wouldnt want to turn that into all my blog is. I really appreciate you being hearing and reading!
A nervous day is ahead of me as i am awaiting the result of this years study. I just hope i get the grades i need.
Right of to work!
I tend to publish my sermons and some extracts of my college work, reflections of teaching sessions and residentials on the blog. As one of my tutors pointed out, it seems to be a ministry in itself. I hadn't thought of that as my blog was conceived as purely a learning journal, but anything which brings people together to exchange views and ideas in a safe environment free from judgement has to be a good thing.
One thing I have learnt which you may want to ponder. Your blog will attract all sorts to start with. That will settle as people with a similar world-view stay with you and become regulars. When you happen upon blogs you like, always have a look at their blogrolls. You will soon find some wonderful folk. Leave a comment and they will invariably come back.
Also watch out for the commenter with the hidden - or not so hidden - agenda.
There is also a very anti scholastic attitude in many Christians. That has surprised and irked me. Currently on such a blogging rant. Come and play.
Wanda: "old lady"? Not according to the photo.
Post a Comment