How to annoy Medical Personnel
1)When getting blood results back, ask for the actual results not the doctors interpretations of them.
2)Inform the doctor that the slight elevation they believe exists is in your opinion within normal parameters, and is not significant enough to require a repeat of the same test a week later.
3)Refuse to attend an additional check up
4)Repeat when pregnant
5)Insist that the hospital doctors etc only speak to your partner and have them follow steps 1-3.
Waiting
Waiting for the baby to be born is very like waiting for a train to arrive while carrying a heavy bag. You don’t want to put the bag down if you are going to step on the train in a moment, but if its going to be a while you would like to go and get a coffee and a paper. Uncertain of whether it will arrive on time, early, or late, you find yourself standing paralysed on the platform, aware that in the time you have spent making the decision as to whether to get coffee you could have actually got it, and arrived back, but that now you are not sure if this will repeat itself or whether you really still do have time for coffee.
Of course, this is a bad analogy as I am eating antacids which I am washing down with coffee and there is nothing I have to actually put off, however the sense of uncertain anticipation is really exquisitely unpleasant. I know, I know, I should be going "yippy oh its all exciting", but I am so, so bored. You have read me whinging about this once already – you will, I know, be bored by this second blog on the same topic. Well, that’s how I feel, only more.
I don’t queue. I don’t wait. If people are late for a meeting I leave. If I am early for a meeting and would need to wait I will leave 8/10 times. I rarely meet people. I don’t do waiting.
I am so, so, so annoyed and cross and fed up and want to cry.
In case it isn’t clear – I have given up smoking. Not that it's having any affect on my mood. At all. ‘They’ say "no smoke without fire" – at last I understand. Not smoking makes you want to shoot people. No smoke – you want to fire a gun. This morning someone said ‘how are you?’ to me – foolish foolish reckless person…..
Yours as impatiently,
The Broken Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You are bored and fretting because it is taking so long for baby to be ready to come out and play. My son-in-law is irritated because my daughter can't find a comfortable way to sleep in bed. Men!!! Maybe you ought to revisit your post about babies standing up inside you. lol
Oh my goodness, you sound very very anxious for your precious little package to arrive.
I also know that quitting smoking is one of the hardest things my husband ever did , but now he's thankful every day. I know you feel like shooting someone, but please don't do that...:)
Hopeing the baby comes soon, and your nerves get off the ledge and calm down:)
The no-smoking thing gets easier, but IT NEVER GOES AWAY!
Poor dear- I won't laugh at you, just tell you about how my first-born was 3 weeks past the due date when the doctor finally induced labor - in the year with the hottest spring on record to date.
Giving up any addiction is very hard, and it makes people grumpy. But it's worth it to not expose your new baby to the smoke. You can do it.
Hey there, I have given you an award. It comes with a tiny meme ( a few questions to answer).
I have given you this because , although you are writing anon, and we have no clue to your name or anything, I like your honesty in your writing. I'm hoping the LSW is doing well and that the baby comes out soon and healthy.
Have a great day!
Post a Comment