Monday, 29 September 2008

Money, Money, Money

I spoke to the relevant people about my debt at the weekend. I have been told that even if I need to go bankrupt, as long as the bankruptcy is discharged before I reach the stage of being ordained it will be okay. Obviously I don’t want to go down that particularly road, but I feel a huge weight lifted from my shoulders now that my situation is known and I havent been kicked of the course. Was going to leave this to go with a bigger write up on the weekend, but don’t know when or if I will get around to doing that and so many people have been praying about this, and asking about it, I felt I should tell you as soon as possible!

I am not much one for joy..but…just on this one occasion..I will offer a “Yippie”.

Yippie.

I realise that was an undignified outburst, but I feel it was called for. Just this once mind you.

Yours as ever,

The Broken Man

7 comments:

MaBunny said...

Glad you have had some weight lifted off your shoulders. The money things always seem to be the heaviest.

August said...

I will be undignified for you. You can live vicariously through my distinct lack of dignity.

Huzzah! Whoo-hoo! YAAAAAAAAY!!!

Ronda's Rants said...

Ah...sweet peace!! Glad you feel better! Debt is so crushing isn't it...such a burden...most of us feel it at one time or another! You will be empathetic in your ministry.

Drew said...

Hey there, just want to say your blog and life story is very interesting, and thanks for leaving a nice comment for me at mine.

Kristin said...

Glad to hear that two ton weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

arwen_tiw said...

:) That's brilliant, Broken Man. I won't be leaping around the living room currently, but it's certainly an answer to prayer. (And I am still alive, and still sick, but generally OK!)

Anonymous said...

Just a thought from one friend in debt to another: There are other options esp. if your debt is credit card-related- it's so common now that they'll actually negotiate with you. Just tell them you are broke (prove it if need be) and say I'll give you half - or I'm filing bankruptcy. Today, they're likely to say OK.