Wednesday, 8 October 2008

Lost....

Boken Man has asked me to blog today, as he has gone into "hermit mode" and is struggling a little. Unfortunatly, I've had a pretty distasterous morning with broken down cars etc, and really won't have time....

He has written a little about yesterday, and it is below. I would just like to say though, that despite his slightly gloomy post, he did measure in the top 2% in Verbal Reasoning, and the tests yesterday were primarily trying to find out the problems he had, rather than his level of intellegence. His scores place him in the "gifted" catagory. Doesn't stop him feeling low about it, but I wanted someone to blow his trumpet, because he won't.....

(sorry, haven't corrected any spellings either!)

Broken Man's Wife



So yesterday..

I have asked the long suffering wife to blog for me today, she was nagging me last night about blogging and I couldn’t face it. Not that I don’t love you all (Not that I do….I don’t know you..hmm…will come back to that thought tomorrow….) Sometimes its easy to write about things, words fall of my fingers onto the pc without effort, other times thinking about a particually subject makes my ears bleed. The tests yesterday where okay. Really they where. They did however show what I have known all along – I am not as clever as I would like to be. I stand in the shadow of the greats knowing I will never attain greatness, that my mind just isn’t up to the job. I know we can achive beyond our skill levels etc, but well..sinking right now. I do okay in essays because I work very hard and spend money I havent got on books that no one else wants to read. Actual ability though? Raw thinking power? The kind of mind need to actually work things out – to move a discussion forward? No. I have a mind just good enough to know the questions but not good enough to get to the answers. I am ranting now. I will stop. I will as with all my blogs – almost (you know the ones I don’t do it with they are the terribly spelt ones) send this to my long suffering wife, she will add her comments, I am trying to encourage her to do a blog – and if not – at least appear regually here.

Yours as ever,

Lacking in all originality,

The Broken Man

7 comments:

MaBunny said...

/cyberhugz being sent your way. I have to believe everything happens for a reson , whether it totally sucks or not...hope all comes out well

The Seasonal One said...

Greatness doesn't come from the mind. Comes from the heart. The mind helps but most of time hinders what God wants us to do.

Fear of the Lord is beginning of wisdom.

That wisdom will get you everywhere.

Hang in there!

Gill said...

So you have to work hard to get it right? Thats the sign of an honourable man to me. I would rather work hard at something i find difficult, and want to achieve, than slack off at something else because i can do it with ease.
You my friend need not feel low about what you cannot do..be proud of what you have done, what you can do and what you aspire to do. That is why we read your blog. Because you can and do!
hugs - a fan! xx

Laura ~Peach~ said...

my dear broken man... you are uniquely you and thats what we like and come here to read about! You make me smile and think when I may not really want to and that is priceless!
To the longsuffering wife! I hope everythign is ok with the car and you and the little one :) we have 30 weeks to go before my first grandchild makes his or her arrival and We are totally excited!

Have a wonderful evening/night/tomorrow I forget but I think you are about 5 hours ahead of me!
Laura

Anonymous said...

To the longsuffering wife! I hope everythign is ok with the car and you and the little one :) we have 30 weeks to go before my first grandchild makes his or her arrival and We are totally excited!

Kristin said...

While you may feel you have deficiencies, I have seen so much originality, heart, and intelligence in the short time I've been reading your blog. Tests mean very little. What you do with yourself means a lot. My viewpoint shows me a man who has a lot to offer but who continually underestimates himself. Have faith in yourself the way you have faith in God. You'll be amazed at what you can do.

Doorman-Priest said...

Stop beating yourself up. You are precious in the sight of the Lord. Hold on to that.