THEY DON’T COUNT THE LOWEST GRADE! Well I am sorry to shout, but really, this is incredible, my early rubbish grade wont count towards my final grade, I have just found out! I could still get a distinction. Excuse me while I skip around with a grin plastered to my face.
Yours,
A Happy man
"It doesn't matter which you heard,
The Holy, or the Broken Hallelujah....
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of song
With nothing on my tongue
But Hallelujah...."
Leonard Cohen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That is so great about your lowest grade not counting! What a relief for you.
And I appreciate the lyrics. I dont think I have heard the song but I'm going to look for it now. Thanks again. :-)
Did you say a gin plastered to your face?
Well, well, the Broken man is a Happy man ~~~~and with good reason...
doorman-priest is funny... :)
Hello Broken Man!
Well isn't that great! Good news indeed for you.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Always nice to see new blogger friends.
And congrats on being a "daddy". I'm so happy for you. Can you tell that I'm a baby-lover or what?
Hallo BM
Your anonymous ordinand friend here! It is great to read about -and feel - your relief.
I must admit these things matter to me a lot even though I know they shouldn't really - when it comes down to it marks and grades aren't supposed to affect us as mature individuals, etc etc .... but I've always been quite a perfectionist about things like good writing and clear communication. When I write and essay I go over and over it rather obsessively, tweaking it endlessly, which is strange, because if you visited my home you might think a burglar had just been. I am a slob - in fact my kids once ruefully asked me why I couldn't be ' a proper mummy who bakes cakes and that? ' When I did my first degree and got a First after 4 years of struggling I went into the loos where nobody could see me and did a sort of 'Andy Murray' YES!!! Like you, I had had nothing much in the way of qualifications up to that time, so it was the most immense feeling of achievement.
At present I am anxiously awaiting two sets of marks from last term - this theology lark is a total mystery, innit? I have absolutely no idea if what I am writing is what they want. If I get a rubbish mark I will have to rationalise it as Formation, Formation, Formation. ( Good name for a new reality TV programme about the best ways to make an ordinand suffer? )
All the Best
Anonyordinand
Post a Comment