I know I shouldn't have watched the second part of this show, I should have resisted temptation...but i couldn't...and I am now ready to go out with a baseball bat and beat the makers to death - in love.
For example - a couple who are living together, with the lass pregnant - the recommendation? Or rather instruction. Sleep in diffrent rooms. I am sorry, but surely a better approach would be to say "wow, you are having a child together, you are living together, you have a relationship which is a committed one, and we would really encourage you to get married, to have that relationship publically recognised and celebrated, to make vows publically in front of God and your friends."
One the guys is a biker; a full-spirited, over-flowing with humour, deeply enquiring biker. Instead of answering his questions and celebrating them, the response is to try to ram things down his throat. One of the other guys on the programe is a Muslim who is "trying Christianity". He invited the Biker to join him in prayer, which he did happily, as the offer was made with love, with care and with concern.
The response by the preacher was to be really cross that the guy had introduced "Islam" to the group, not to feel what he should have, which is deeply ashamed of himself that he had failed to engage with the biker, or offer him a chance to communicate with God in a way that is meaningful.
I am going to stop writing now...as it's still on and the more I hear, the angrier I get... and I can't tear myself away...and the more I watch the more I want to hunt down the people responsible..GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Yours,
Angry, Raving, Broken Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Did you ever watch a series about Muslims (inc. some potential converts) who spent time in a sanctuary of sorts in Andalusia? I can't remember for the life of me what the name of this series was called, but it followed other programmes of atheist/lapsed/Christian Brits spending time in a monastery or convent.
The form of Islam this one presented was very warm, generous and joyful - Sufism, probably. Several of the participants thrived in this environment, but a couple couldn't handle it at all. They'd been raised in a far stricter tradition and could barely bring themselves to join in the group prayer songs, for instance. It was really sad, seeing frowns in the midst of such happiness.
It's even worse to hear that "Make Me A Christian" is starting from the opposite direction though! Stupid, too. If it weren't for the antagonistic minority being intent on erecting barriers between themselves and others, society might run more smoothly. Not just in religion either: humans are full of "them and Us" conflicts. Yay.
This programme is obviously bad for your health. Why not watch the intellectuals on Big Brother?
It was a cold callous approach to evangelism....
Couldn't agree more! I nearly chucked my knitting needles at the TV I got so annoyed at some parts!
Hello, I'm new to this blog.
As a very lapsed christian, I only managed about 5 minutes of the programme before I got really annoyed and switched off. The attitude I got was that the christians in the prog were showing all the bad sides of some christians ie bossy, self righteous, up their own backsides. The majority of christian people I've met, just aren't like this. They are kind, accepting of you regardless of your background or lifestyle and really do want to put what they understand to be God's word into practice. I don't think the prog will do anything to show christians in a good light at all.
Post a Comment