Wednesday, 6 August 2008

What's your theological worldview?

Just took a quiz on my theological worldview - thanks to http://episcopalpadre.blogspot.com/ for the link. If you fancy giving it a go click here!

Here are my results:
You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 75%
Emergent/Postmodern 75%

Roman Catholic 57%

Neo orthodox 57%

Modern Liberal 54%

Classical Liberal 50%

Reformed Evangelical 46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal 21%

Fundamentalist 4%

17 comments:

Gill said...

I'm a modern liberal.....not too sure my Hubby and kids would agree!!

Betty F said...

I'm not sure where I am any more. I was raised Roman Catholic, but currently don't attend.. Have problems embracing other faiths though.. I'll take that test.

Anonymous said...

I'm a "classic liberal" but then I knew that, even if I didn't know to call it that

The Romero-Schroeder said...

Emergent/Postmodern
You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

That is me!

Brea in Texas said...

Hey, that quiz was fun (even if it did make me feel a little stupid. What's the Sola Scriptura, and who is Bishop Spong? Google, here I come!). I scored 93% Evangelical Holiness/ Wesleyan, and 89% Fundi. I can live with that. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. So many congrats on your upcoming arrival; yeah, it is a change, but I can say that having the kids was the most wonderful change in my life (well, after Christ, and marrying my husband, of course). 6 months after your little angel arrives, you'll look back and say, 'What in the world did I do before s/he got here? I like this way of life much better.'

At least, it'll be my prayer for you that you feel like that. Thanks again for commenting; I like your writing, and I'll be back!

~Brea

Brea in Texas said...

ps, I love Stat Counter, statcounter.com. They show you all kind of fun stuff, adn the basic level is free. And believe me, if I can figure out how to get something like that up and running, you know it's easy and low hassle.

~Brea

Rick said...

Thanks for dropping in on the blog and congrat's on the coming birth. I took the quiz - interesting. It appears that we're in the same camp.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan - 96%
Neo orthodox - 68%
Emergent/Postmodern - 68%
Reformed Evangelical - 64%
Charismatic/Pentecostal - 57%
Fundamentalist - 54%
Classical Liberal - 46%
Roman Catholic - 36%
Modern Liberal - 14%

Kate said...

Cool! I was 79%Emergent/Postmodern, 75% Wesleyan and 71% Catholic. That's funny since I was raised in the Methodist church and converted to Catholicism 4 years ago.

Maddy said...

I did something similar a while back on a different site. I think I was a neo druid or some such [don't quote me it was a long while ago now!]
Cheers

Laura ~Peach~ said...

thank you for the birthday wishes I hope you enjoy reading my confusing blog... I tell new readers if you have alot of time you may want to hit the archives and do some back reading... I try to do that wilth everyones blog tha ti read and :) I will be reading yours too
Laura ~peach~

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i had to go take the quiz....
You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
68%
Fundamentalist
68%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
64%
Reformed Evangelical
54%
Neo orthodox
50%
Classical Liberal
43%
Emergent/Postmodern
36%
Roman Catholic
36%
Modern Liberal
32%

truely interesting as I was raised methodist but went to a non denominational then apolistic and now no church...

Louise said...

Thanks for stopping by on my blog!! Appreciated the comment!
I did the test and found that I was Charismatic/Pentecostal...funny since I grew up really liberal!! I so enjoy my place of worship right now(www.springschurch.com) and am finding so much freedom in Christ!!
Wish you ALL the best in the coming birth! I have three awesome kids and although it is A LOT of work they are SUCH a blessing in my life and I wouldn't be the same without them!
Stop by again!
Bless you!!
L

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It really helps to hear about other's situations and know that they've succeeded! My husband has accepted the information, he was just a little shocked initially. It's still not a positive diagnosis... there's more tests... so I guess we'll see.

Love your post of your wife's belly! You can definitely tell you're excited!! There's more to come... definitely! Pregnancy is just the beginning... well, I guess conception would be... ha. :)

Best of luck!

a.

arwen_tiw said...

Lol SNAP - only I get emergant/postmodern second (otherwise pretty much identical to your scores Brokenman)!

The Broken Man said...

Bishop Spong is a liberal theologian who has written a number of books that challenge the belief that the bible is inerrant.

Pieces said...

Fun and interesting. Strangely I scored about equal for Reformed Evangelical, Fundamentalist, Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan, Neo-orthodox, and Emergent Postmodern. Maybe that means that I am just a moderate.

I think I am most surprised that I scored 46% on Emergent Postmodern. There are alot of issues that I disagree with the Emergent church on.

Crunchy_Conservative said...

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan - 86%
Fundamentalist - 71%
Reformed Evangelical - 71%
Neo orthodox - 64%
Emergent/Postmodern - 64%
Roman Catholic - 32%
Charismatic/Pentecostal - 29%
Classical Liberal - 25%
Modern Liberal - 7%

I thought I'd score higher on the Fundamentalist category. I'm not so sure about that quiz. There were a lot of questions that I was thinking "Yeah, but..." Too many and/or, most important, yes/no when a relationship with God, like any other relationship is fluid. I think the truth of God is all about paradox, not dichotomy.

Cheers,
Sarah