With my new course due to start in September (BA theology) I have received information on study skills from my training provider. I think the advice provided is worth sharing in case anyone out there is thinking of doing some study, or is on a course which hasn’t provided some of the information they have given me...
"Just think what you might need to start off studying:
Paper – preferably A4 size
Ring binders for notes and handouts
Stapler or paper clips – you need to keep things together in order
Filing box of cabinet to keep all course materials
Writing implements
Markers
Shelf to hold the files and folders
Post it notes or the like"
I know! Not things most of us would have thought of. I am having to do some work readjusting my thinking to study. Paper! That hadn’t crossed my mind. Writing implements? I was intending to use my own blood, but now they have suggested writing implements I am thrown into confusion. Should I be using a ball point pen, roller ball, fountain pen, or pencils? I will have to ask my tutor which is best.
I have not the words…
Yours as ever,
The Broken Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I have to wonder about some of the previous students!
Um, I'm confused. Why would you need paper?
Good luck!! I go back to grad school tonight after a break for the baby.....blah!
Thank you! Good luck with school. I give you props, I couldn't bear the thought of more college, ug!
LOL!!! I'm sure you will learn tons of new and unique ideas from this particular class...! *wink*
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, BTW! I really appreciate it!
:) Mags
everydayplaces.blogspot.com
wow.. a binder?! paper clips?? maybe thats why i can never find my notes and handouts!
Just be glad they don't have you writing on papyrus with a feather quill & inkwell.
Good for you going back to school. I will be going back sometime in the near future to continue what I started before having my babies.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Glad I found a new blog to visit and yours is one I will enjoy reading!
Ha this is fantastic - it's a good thing they provided such a list, whatever would without it? But I do find it interesting that "computer" is not on that list. Every paper I had to turn in had to be typed and half my professors were easiest to contact via email.
Post a Comment