NAPPIES
The hunt for a nappy system for a newborn is at last over …I am told by the long suffering wife that “we” have selected nappies for a newborn. "Fantastic", I thought, the power of delegation has worked wonders.
Dear friends…may I ask you…honestly now….is it just me or is the idea of a rainbow or polka-dot nappy rather disturbing? I realise I am a grumpy old man; that I am one built for complaining…but really…be fair…to see the full horror have a look at the web site: http://www.babykind.co.uk/wrapsredrap.htm
AWARDS
In other news...the very lovely Gill at http://mehimthem.blogspot.com has given me an Oscar! I am very touched, but deeply unsure of these award things. Don’t get me wrong, I love being given awards….they are fab. Being given a “kick arse” award was particuarly satisfying, but this whole "pass this onto 5 people, name the person who gave it to you" thing, makes me think that surely any award will eventually go to everyone on the net, it feels a little like a chain letter to me. It seems very rude to accept an award and not follow the instructions on it, but to refuse an award, well, that’s even ruder… So for the record…..."thank you, thank you, I would like to thank my wife, my agent, my publistist, everyone who made this possible, it’s a surprise, its wonderful to recive this recognition…but as I am camera shy, I must regretfully decline the opportunity to collect this award in person.
COMMENTS
Thank you everyone for your comments of late, and sorry I have been so bad at replying to them, I really will get on it! Sometimes I read a question I am asked and think... "oh come on, I have answered that, it's in the About Me section…READ IT." Uncharitable, I know. Sometimes I think, "I don’t want to talk about that right now…I did when I wrote about it (eg syndrome thingy) but right now I would just prefer not to." Other times I want to respond but don’t have time – I receive the email update telling me I have had a message, and telling me what someone has said on my work pc, but can not access the site till I get home to reply..other times I forget. Sure, sometimes I am just lazy and uncaring…but not always – and your comment – that one made me laugh, and touched me, and meant a lot to me. I do love recieving your comments, it flatters my ego, so please don’t stop – but don’t worry to much if I appear to be ignoring it..
That was a far longer explanation than I intended. To other things…
PAIN IN THE NECK
My back is not better. My neck hurts, as does my coccyx. I just rubbed my hand over my neck and heard a cracking sound. When I move my right arm it's like someone is setting fire crackers. On a positive note, I have had an update and it should be 5 weeks or so before I get to see a physio. I know I have gone on about this before but it makes me feel physically sick to just think about it, and I feel such a sense of blind panic that something is seriously wrong.
Sorry just needed to sit in the corner sobbing for a while, and there is no point in being in pain unless everyone else knows about it.
Yours as ever
The Broken Man
Wednesday, 27 August 2008
Nappies, awards, comments and pain
Labels:
awards,
Back pain,
broken,
Broken Man,
chain letter,
comments,
delegation,
grumpy old man,
nappies,
Oscar,
pain in the neck,
physiotherapy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
We went thru the nappie debate with our eldest daughter as she was expecting. I didn't realize they had morphed into so many choices!! AND I was appalled at the prices!! When our girls were little you had two choices, flat fold or double fold, and both were about the same price. My how times have changed!
I'm praying for your relief and for a quicker appointment to see the doctor.
Hope your neck is better soon! I used disposable diapers for our daughter, but my friend who has 5 kiddos LOVED cloth diapering. I hate doing laundry so that would not have been for me...
How is your wife feeling? I know the ligaments getting looser is annoying and can hurt abit - hope she is ok.
Will check back regularly:))
Hey I've been known to tie dye and home-make cloth nappies so I can't really criticise... ;)
Hope both of you are enduring a little less pain and a little less frustration soon.
OMG you made me laugh with the award thing, i swear i hate the TAG and AWARD stuff, i have done it once and when i did it i remebered why i hate it so much, first is time consuming, second as you said is a chain thing, and third really WHO CARES, yes i know i´m a big AWARD and TAG POOPER..... People who read me, i do love you all, i think, BUT please dont tag me i have no time and no intention to follow any of the rulles!
Thanks for including the show and tell link because seriously, I had no idea what you were talking about! How is it that people in the UK always know what I'm saying, but sometimes I think you speak Greek? Another testament to the time I've spent in the Tunnel? LOL. Do you have AquaMassage anywhere close to you? Feel better!
OK ok i assume you are using those "wash it wear it again" nappies!!
Never used them with my own kids, disposables all the way for me i am afraid!! However i do have kids in my work place whose parents pop their offspring in them! Not too sure i am in love with the cover things though! More bulk on baby's already bulky butt!
Aww, sugar, life rolls on...sometimes right on over you.
You're in my thoughts for a quick, easy recovery from your pain.
As much as I wanted to be green about having a baby, when the Evil Genius was all shiny and new I used disposables, whatever was cheapest at the time. I'm not proud of it, but I traveled a LOT during that time, and he came with me, and, well...have you ever been on the road for weeks on end with no laundry facilities but the occasional motel sink or gas station tap? Yeah, hauling a bag o' dirty cloth nappies doesn't sound so terrific, huh?
I never minded what they looked like, so long as they contained the horror until I could change him.
Shade and Sweetwater,
K
You're so funny. The diaper wraps are cute, and they'll hide those tell-tale stains. I used the cloth diapers for the first three kids, but my third baby was SO FAT that we could not get covers that would fit around her thighs by the time she was 4 months old. We still used them at home for a while, but kinda phased into disposables after that. I still have backup cloth diapers, but with baby number 6 it has been mostly toss and go. My favorite is still the old prefold. Pinned or folded with a snap-on cover, they are so versatile! Happy diapering!
So funny, I'm a pampers mum myself...
LOL about you sobbing in the corner, I know I shouldn't but the way your write made me think you wouldn't mind!
Just caught up with your other posts, how is your wife and her pains...?
xx
About the nappies: What a COLORFUL choice.
About your award: Sorry that totally sucks, I hate chains
About your comments: I promise not to ask you any questions, and not be offended if you never ever comment back.
About your neck: What a pain in the neck neck pain can be!
I can agree with you on the Awards, and the Comments.... I have the same feeling about both.
Hope your neck pain gets better soon....
Wanda
LOL I agree regards the nappies, and I'm a total convert to cloth.
We've used real nappies since the meconium stage ended, but stuck to the very boring - and cheap! - prefold/flat option with plain wraps. Until recently that is: we also have FuzziBunz pocket nappies for the childminder and my mum, who can't get their heads around nappi-nippas. Confused, yet? :)
Btw, some councils offer cashback when you buy real nappies, worth checking out if you fancy £30-40 in addition to the savings generating by washing rather than binning!
The nappie thing is outrageous. I didn't have a rainbow choice. Hope your back feels better, I know mine is whacked for sure!
Post a Comment