I found myself in a profound philosophical dilemma the other day. I went to see my spiritual director and, as I left, I asked to use his loo. Sitting at the bottom of it was an large unflushed poo. Being a man of the world, I merrily peed onto of it, and flushed – only to discover that the poo in question had retained its original position. I now found myself in an awkward position; my spiritual director was hanging about the hall, and I had already flushed. To tackle this poo – someone else’s poo - would have required a vigorous attack with the toilet brush followed by more flushing; an enterprise I did not fancy, and one which would sound odd from the outside of the loo. However leaving the aforementioned poo in place means that on his next visit to the loo he may believe I have had the ill-grace to leave this greeting for him, and he may believe I was responsible depositing it. I feel certain that Plato never faced such a sticky situation.
I resolved myself to the possible shame and fled, leaving it in situ.
Just thought I would share...
Yours as ever,
The Broken Man
Thursday, 7 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Oh how awkward. Those situations can be so so difficult.
Lets hope someone else went in after you that wasn't him!! :D
At least it's not the sort of thing that can pop up in general conversation!!
lol! Wow this is definitely an original post! Can't say that if this happened to me, I would blog about it... but good for you! haha
Hi there,
I found your blog by following a comment you left elsewhere - the title intrigued me somewhat. then, to get my first glimpse and find the title of "more poo" - how could I resist? more poo meant there had to be at least one other poo blog...and although it was quite a tame one, I was thrilled none the less!! I have since read further and will continue to do so, I'm impressed all round :-)so.... let's all give a resounding hurrah for....errmmm....poo!
(by the way, I cant help you with the great nappy debate as I am from Australia and we stock different nappies, but I can guarantee that not one single nappy type or brand known to man can contain every poo your little one will send your way. You'll know soon enough!)
Carolyn
Poo ... it's a neverending source of amusing posts for all of us. Cheers ... and flush.
You could have also titled this post, What To Do About The Poo! LOL I hate it when people don't have the decency to make sure all traces are gone!
Lisa
You could have written a message on the wall "It wasn't ME" (((smile)))
Hmm. Spiritually profound. Almost like how Christ flushes the poo that was not His own.
Am I a heretic?
J
LOL, that is sooooo funny and the sort of thing that would happen to me!
rolling in the floor laughing my behind off!
Post a Comment